just me, and usually my complaining
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
broken....
mmhmm yea i'm broken!! Monday September 20th, didn't make it to class that day cuz I was exhausted!! I had a late night Sunday night helping someone out... so I went up to campus late to work on homework, and i rode my long board to class because i'm to lazy to walk.... i studied for like 3 hours and found myself too tired and sore to go on! i actually discovered that I was ahead in my science class with one of the lessons, but behind with another cuz i mixed them up! bummer... but i was done for the day i was so out of it, plus my back was sore cuz it just does that sometimes... so i boarded home, down the REALLY big hill in Rexburg... bad plan.... but i didn't want to walk and it just felt so good soaring down the hill!! until the end right there... i got going just a bit to fast and my board started wobbling from speed... and I biffed it hardcore!!! i went down wicked hard at like at least 30mph... i remember hitting my head, my shoulder.... and everything else... i felt wicked out of it and a bit dizzy right after and somehow managed to stand up and walk to the side of the road and pull out my phone to call Tricia, cuz i knew i was hurt bad. I could see my apartment from where I was sitting... Before i got much further a car of girls pulled over and offered to help me... at first I said I was fine and thought I could just make it home, or that my roommates could just come help me. Almost as soon as i tried to send them away I started to hurt, and realized that i was going to need these three girls help. So I accepted, one of them grabbed my board, one grabbed my bag, and the other one helped me into the car, and they also helped me into the house. I walked in the door holding my arm and the flood gates were about to come crashing down. Tricia was sitting on the couch with her friend on the couch and Jessica was at the table. I stumbled in, looked at Tricia and said "i crashed" she didn't quite catch it at first. "I crashed on my skateboard...." She jumped up, ran over and sat me down on the couch. I was starting to realize just how much pain I was in. oh heavens it hurt, and just kept getting worse. We decided that i needed a doctor. I called my parents to explain the situation and then I asked Tricia to help me change into shorts cuz my jeans just didn't feel good. We stood up and she walked me away from the couch, halfway across the room the pain became excruciating, and shot through my right shoulder. I started collapsing. I've never hurt so much in my life... everything started going white, and quiet and echoey... it was terrible!! I started sweating but I'm pretty sure I stayed conscious.... but i was right on the edge!! Tricia told me later that my eyes had been dilating as well... lame. So 3 guys had to carry me to the car and we went to the ER... a few x-rays and examinations later i was told that my collar bone was indeed broken, not to mention i did a nasty number on my all of me. I don't even know how many times a different part of my body hit the ground... all the places that are bruised and scratched don't even make sense!! I have road rash on the right side of my head, my right shoulder, a little on my right elbow, my right hip then a tiny bit on my right knee, more on my left knee, and my big left toe... my left shoe was destroyed, i ripped my tank top and everything is bruised!! my right collar, shoulder, and entire right arm are wicked swollen!! My fingers are so swollen that my ctr ring will not come off at all!!! my ribs, especially on my left side are soooo sore, and my right side from my ribs and down my leg is wicked stiff and sore, like i can barely lift my leg, and my whole leg just feels swollen... holy.crap. man it sucks, especially since i'm right handed. i'm trying to get things worked out with school and need to go see an orthopedist sometime soon so that they can make sure it heals properly. The bone is broken and slightly offset, so when it does heal it will be slightly deformed. The only thing that didn't get hurt was my left hand/wrist cuz i was already wearing a brace on that wrist from my last injury. And so i've been laid out and drugged up since Monday night... my roommates have been so kind to me!! They have all been here for me to help or whatever, even when i'm stubborn about it :) Tricia was with me the whole time right after. All in the hospital and she got me dinner after. oh man... honestly i'm lucky to be as alright as i am... and lucky to be so loved and looked out for!! :) more to come later.... 6 weeks seems like a long time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment