Sunday, August 16, 2009

click, click, clique, click, clique,,,

What's that noise?! oh wait... ha, it's people that never learn! It's so ridiculous how cliqueish things are here. I go to church on Sunday, to the singles ward, mostly because my dad is in the bishopric, and boy does it seem like they "clique". Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad, I've met some really nice kids, and I get along with just about anyone anyway. But you walk into a room, and the same people are always sitting with all the same people, always. And the same people always sit alone, every week. It's kind of sad. I understand that friend hang out with friends and we all have our people that we're more comfortable with. Boy do I understand that fact of life. But the kids who sit alone, are treated like the kids that sit alone, at least it seems that way. And granted not by everyone, just a few, but still. I see people falling away or not having there heart in it, because they don't feel welcome or they don't feel loved, they aren't recieving the support that they need from the people that are supposed to, well support them. My heart aches for them. Both sides of the spectrum need to be reevaluated by everyone. First of all, if there is one thing that everyone need, it is a friend! I'll be the first to admit that I love having and being around my friends, it just feels good. But we all need to BE a friend too, to any and everyone. BUT something else that some of these people need to look at is the reason that they are going to church in the first place? If you're doing what Heavenly Father wants you to do then isn't that enough? And here's the thing, both of these arguments can be bounced back and forth for hours, with all sorts of underlying reasoning, general or specific. Both sides of the street, when you think about it, are just ridiculous. Then again we are all human and we seem to get better and better at being ridiculous. Bummer huh? I've heard of the same type of stuff is my home ward too, I haven't physically seen it, but I've seen it in people's eyes and I hear it in their voices and I hear stories. Are you really at church trying to be popular? Why not be everyone's friend, you're all reaching for the same thing, and if someone is strugling, what better thing to do than help, or reach out, because in doing that we are blessed and it just feels so dang good! The people who are falling, the ones who are unsure and still haven't found their footing, need one thing so much, and that's someone who will stand with them as they try to gain their balance and understanding. There is no need to look down on people who are not a carbon copy of yourself, or who are struggling. I just don't get it. It think that sometimes, without even realizing it the leaders do it to some kids too. These kids looking for attention, the ones who are needing the attention are being looked over as the "obnoxious" kid who's just there to cause trouble. But in reality they need someone to be there for them, but they're labeled and unfortunately that's just that. I feel like this summer I've watched so many people fall away (or start to fall) because they didn't have the support they needed. Come on people how hard is it. And not just this summer, in the past few years even. It's heartbreaking. Again some should learn to not be so easily offended and remember the big picture but still... Again, both sides of this story could be argued for hours, but come one, be a friend. It won't kill you, in fact it'll probably have the opposite effect. And don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming everyone for the choices that some people make. We have our agency and we all do as we please with it. Hopefully we use it the right way, but that doesn't always happen. But are you doing all you can? Have you offered a hand and they absolutely refuse to take it? If so I commend you on your efforts, but take the time to think about it... Think about some of the things that pull you through your messes, cuz heck we all have them. And see if you're doing all the you can.
Ha I just love getting on my soapboxes! Ok, besides that today was a pretty good day. I tried to get to bed earlier last night because I've completely destroyed my sleeping schedule, and that just made it harder to fall asleep... my bad. And so I didn't make it to the family ward today, but I did make it to the singles ward. It was nice, went to choir so on, and so on. My sister has started working on some things, I'm so proud of her. I'm still nervous though. It seems that she is already moving along, but in this situation that could last a day, it's a day by day thing. We'll just keep praying there, and my brother too. With him, sometimes it's alright, sometimes it's just not. Hopefully he's making some progress.
I went to a baptism after church today. A girl was babtized into our ward. Her name is Willow and she's 17? She's a sweetheart and the whole meeting was beautiful. The youth sang the EFY medly and another song later that I haven't heard before but it was all beautiful and Willow even got up and bore her testimony. It was all so beautiful. It made my whole day! Probably my week. :)
Off to bed now because SIXFLAGS TOMORROW!!!!

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment