Saturday, September 19, 2009

life happens... bummer.

Sometimes we find ourselves in crappy situations we can't control. It's so much easier to finourselves in any situation when we can control it, but time and time again we all find ourselves in those situations, there are just things in life that we can do absolutely nothing about, I can do absolutely nothing about! So this is the part where we take what we will and we choose how we will react. It's probably best to let it out, and not let it sit inside and start to fester and boil over... but what about after that? Here's my point. This is the part of my life where I am learning that things happen that really really suck, and I react, and I cry because essentailly it's just a shock. But then when iI've had time to think, time to cry, time to pray and time to ponder, I find that really my life is no different than it was yesterday. I might know than I did, I might be taller ore fatter or skinnier.... I might wear a different shirt, or walk a different way to class... but when it comes to it, another day has come and gone, and life keeps going and no matter what happens, good or bad, I'm still who I am, and if not, then I can promise it's because I was better than I was yesterday. Today I found out something that really sucked... but I'm still who I am and I still undertand that everything happens for a reason and that I have the option to take the best from it. I can learn from everything that happens, the worst of experiences can be the best of experiences depending on how you look at it. It's not always easy and it's not always fun, but life is life, and if I just keep doing my very best (which I will) then there's nothing I can do but be happy with my life, and the rest is in me Heavenly Father's hands, and He will take care of me and those I love, I just need to keep reminding myself of that. No matter what happens. Ha not to say that I don't have my share of bad days and I don't always react the best, but this is why life is a constant learning process. It's crazy to think about. It's a crazy concept, but once you start to figure it out, it makes perfect sense and life is all the better!
In other/better news I had a date last night!!! It was wonderful! I was asked by a guy that I met in one of my new classes! He's wicked cute and really nice! We had a lot of great uplifting conversation and went to the Nashville Tribute Concert!! It was sooooo good! The songs were all about the Prophet Joseph Smith and the pioneers and it was just a really fun night and I'm hoping for a second date, there seemed to be potential and it sounded like there might be a second date!! So here's hoping! Anyway, it's time for me to chill I really need a break, it's been quite a day, and I'm pretty sure all of today will just be like that. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

  1. You went on a date with a cute guy that has potential to go somewhere and the title of your post is "life happens...bummer?" Girl what are you thinking. I would say HECK YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha ok ok true.... i guess my initial focus had been that first part? like that friday night had been so awesome!! but then saturday was like blahhhhh! so i think that's what heppened there :)

    ReplyDelete