So, now that I have been offered a job, and I'm just waiting for the processes to process, technically I'm on mini vacation, because technically I'm employed, so long as they don't find any deep dark secrets in my criminal history that is. I'm just waiting, they could call me in to start at any moment, which is why I haven't blown this joint and gone off on a real vacation. Naturally, I've been spending my days in front of my Tv and computer, watching movies and playing games, and snacking way more than I should... this is no bueno. This kind of vacation where you are waiting for something to happen, is evil, because when it comes full circle, you just get fat. Maybe I won't get to fat, I did finally get to the gym yesterday to switch my contract over to the gym here. That could have turned out better. I did manage to get a much shorter contract for a bit less each month. But let's just say that I feel like I went from the Taj Mahal of gyms, to the crack house of gyms. Really though. I mean don't get me wrong, I am quite picky about the cleanliness of the facilities that I use, but it was like 10 times smaller, and smelled like a mixture of urine and sweat. It didn't look like it got cleaned much at all and there were like 3 Tvs that were placed at awkward angles with no way of hearing them/no subtitles or anything. Don't even get me started on the locker room, and I didn't even go in to the bathrooms... BUT it's what I've got for the next six months so I will just have to grin and bear it and then run far away and find something better. I felt pretty good about my 15 minute workout, but it only lasted 15 minutes because I was BORED OUT OF MY MIND. Again, Taj Mahal > crack house. Plus I forgot my ipod, partly because it's been a while since I used it. Ooh but hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, therefore the somewhat unnerving feeling that I get when I walk in to this gym, will just add to my progress. Right? Let's go with that.
Today was a pretty good day, my inner geek came out and partied a bit with the Doctor, for some reason I was in the mood to watch some of the most emotionally heart-wrenching parts, but it was a good time nonetheless. Also, I got a popcorn bowl today, where I come from, that's a big deal. Respect.
Tomorrow, I will be attending my new ward for the first time. My Utah ward called the other day, asking for my new address and wanting to send my records out this way for me. So when I logged on to LDS.org, it told me what ward to go to. I haven't decided if it's a good thing or a bad thing that it isn't a singles ward. But I guess either way, it means I probably won't find many dating prospects, and I will probably stay single and without a dating life for a while, here in Massachusetts.
Anyway, I guess here's to being young and single? Sure, why not. Unless, really that's just what us single people who wish we weren't, say to make ourselves feel better... ;)
You are a good writer Nichole!
ReplyDeleteThanks Katie! :) I feel very much in a writing/blogging mood lately.
ReplyDeleteI called my future ward in Wyoming today and was talking to the bishop. It was all hunky dory until he said that I was one of those older single adults. That was my first time getting called that to my face by a church leader.
ReplyDelete